PRIMARY: The Shipping/Receiving Clerk position is primarily responsible for taking delivery of incoming shipments of products, organize merchandise for delivery, and keep records regarding these transactions.
SECONDARY: Perform other tasks as requested and described in this description.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following education and experience qualifications are the minimum required for the position of Shipping/Receiving Clerk:
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Proven people skills required, must have ability to work with others while effectively handling internal pressures.
· Good communication skills.
· Ability to lift and carry objects weighing 50+ pounds on a regular basis
· Willingness to learn new tasks and be trained on new equipment
· Stand and walk throughout an 8 hour shift
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: The following education and experience qualifications are highly preferred for the position of Shipping/Receiving Clerk:
- High level of computer competence
- Previous experience in shipping / receiving
- Adhering to the codes of the company’s Quality Management System.
- Maintaining open communications and a professional working relationship with all employees.
- Logging time worked per job into ERP software system.
- Identify and implement opportunities for process improvement and increased efficiency.
- Maintaining confidentiality on all corporate subjects so classified.
- Identify parts using automated and manual methods.
- Using paints and overcoats to touch-up parts and overcoat part marking.
- Filling customer orders according to standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Prepares shipments for postal or commercial conveyance.
- Using computer hardware and software to generate labels and maintain equipment.
- Prepares bills of lading; checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment; may process return shipments from customers.
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- Performing daily and weekly cleaning according to SOPs
- Using manual and electric pallet jacket as needed.
- Using fork truck as needed.
- Maintaining and organizing adequate shipping supplies.
- Ensuring that products processed for shipping are delegated to correct courier.
- Assisting in other areas as needed and performing other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The description of the physical demands and the work environment characteristics here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform and those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands or fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
This job operates in a professional office environment, but occasionally requires time spent on the manufacturing floor and other areas of the facility as needed. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is may be exposed to a plant environment to include moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and explosives. Safety Glasses must be worn at all times while present on the manufacturing floor. Safety Toe (Steel or Kevlar) shoes or boots must be worn at all times while present on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Action Staffing Solutions is proud to offer fair and equal employment opportunities for everyone. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to any non-merit factor.
The duties, responsibilities and other details in this job description may be subject to change at any time. The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor of the skills and abilities required.