Ready to make a difference in someone’s life every day? Are you passionate about caring for an underserved population?
Treat patients with respiratory diseases and conditions using specialized medical equipment, oxygen therapies, and manual treatment techniques, examine and evaluate patients for respiratory problems, and operate medical equipment to carry-out cardiopulmonary tests.
- Work is performed in a hospital setting under the direction of physicians and nursing supervisor(s) guided by standardized procedures, hospital regulations and physicians’ orders
- Set-up EKG machines and runs electrocardiograms (EKGs)
- Performs pulmonary function tests using a spirometer calculates lung volumes and vital capacities
- Set-up/adjust portable volume ventilators and chest shell ventilators, and cheek patients
- Nebulize, suction, and collect sputum using naso-tracheal suction catheter, sends specimens to laboratory for analysis.
- Listen/observe lung sounds using stethoscope, to evaluation locations of respiratory problems. Percusses patient’s cheek and back using air tapping techniques and position for drainage
- Set-up operates, and adjusts oxygen therapy, and humidification equipment, and emergency supply oxygen tubes, changes tanks and orders supply
- Disassembles, cleans and sterilizes equipment and performs preventative maintenance and calibrates machines
- Keeps records of treatments, patient charting and ordering supplies.
What can this role offer you?
In this role, you will be providing care to inmates within the MDOC (Michigan Department of Corrections) at the prison facilities throughout Michigan. With Action Staffing you’ll be able to choose the shifts and schedules that work best for you, between several facilities (or all at your favorite!) and enjoy the work-life balance that you prefer.
No previous corrections experience is required!
Michigan license valid for the state of Michigan
Who we are, why Action Staffing?
- Weekly Pay!
- Travel and local assignments are available; 13 week assignments may also be available
- Dedicated staff ready to help you every step of the way
- Competitive pay ensuring that you’re fairly compensated for your valuable skills and dedication
- Flexible schedules available both days and nights
- Benefits including health, dental and vision insurance
About Action Staffing Solutions: Action Staffing Solutions is a family owned, local staffing agency that has a goal to make a difference in someone’s life every day!
Action Staffing Solutions is proud to offer fair and equal employment opportunities for everyone. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to any non-merit factor.
The duties, responsibilities and other details in this job description may be subject to change at any time. The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor of the skills and abilities required.
Ready to join our team?