Ready to make a difference in someone’s life every day? Are you passionate about caring for an underserved population?
Provides services to resident in health care and educational facilities and prisoners in correctional medical units or medical clinics by maintaining a clean and safe environment, providing nursing assistance, working with residents or prisoners to carry out specific plans of care, and maintaining related records. Employees provide direct care services to residents or prisoners with physical or mental disabilities in facilities providing 24-hour care.
- Participate as a member of the treatment team in implementing and creating training and rehabilitation are plans by:
- Conducting appropriate interpersonal communications,
- Using behavior medication techniques
- Help language development skills
- Daily living activities
- Make visual observations of area to ensure residents or prisoners whereabouts and safety and activity
- Attend to the personal care needs of residents or prisoners; bathing, hair and nail care, shaving, diapering and toileting, dressing, oral health, etc.
- Keep reports on residents’ or prisoners’ activities and behavior, physical condition and reactions to medications and treatment
- Carryout nursing care plan for residents or prisoners which may include:
- Taking and recording vital signs
- Collecting and labeling specimens
- Applying cold packs and topical treatments
- Massage and range of motion treatments
- Interact with resident or prisoners at mealtimes, assist with feeding of residents or prisoners who need assistance – records must be kept of foods and liquid intake.
- Assist residents or prisoners into and out of wheelchairs, beds and other equipment
- Transport/accompany residents or prisoners to appointments on and off facility grounds
- Perform light housekeeping: sweeping, disinfecting surfaces and equipment, making beds, basing laundry such as clothing and bedding.
What can this role offer you?
In this role, you will be providing care to inmates within the MDOC (Michigan Department of Corrections) at the prison facilities throughout Michigan. With Action Staffing you’ll be able to choose the shifts and schedules that work best for you, between several facilities (or all at your favorite!) and enjoy the work-life balance that you prefer.
No previous corrections experience is required!
Michigan license valid for the state of Michigan
Who we are, why Action Staffing?
- Weekly Pay!
- Travel and local assignments are available; 13 week assignments may also be available
- Dedicated staff ready to help you every step of the way
- Competitive pay ensuring that you’re fairly compensated for your valuable skills and dedication
- Flexible schedules available both days and nights
- Benefits including health, dental and vision insurance
About Action Staffing Solutions: Action Staffing Solutions is a family owned, local staffing agency that has a goal to make a difference in someone’s life every day!
Action Staffing Solutions is proud to offer fair and equal employment opportunities for everyone. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to any non-merit factor.
The duties, responsibilities and other details in this job description may be subject to change at any time. The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor of the skills and abilities required.
Ready to join our team?