We are seeking healthcare professionals to service local correctional facilities throughout the State of Colorado. Our healthcare professionals will be responsible for providing comprehensive on-site healthcare to all offenders housed in these facilities that is comparable to community standards. These are temporary and/or intermittent short term positions lasting up to 6 months, often involving travel. For distances greater than 50 miles round trip but less than 400, mileage will be paid at a rate of 53.5 cents per mile.
Compensation: $65 – 71 per hour
Registered Nurse Responsibilities:
- Assist in examining, diagnosing, and treating incarcerated patients
- Perform basic nursing duties including: Administering oxygen, changing dressings, inserting and irrigating urinary catheters, drawing blood, obtaining specimens
- Prepare and administer prescribed medications.
- Set up plans for patient’s care or contribute to existing plans
- Observe patients and record observations
- Consult with doctors and other healthcare professionals
- Operate and monitor medical equipment
- Help perform diagnostic tests and analyze results
- Initiate emergency interventions and take first aid measures
- Perform other nursing duties as assigned
Registered Nurse Requirements:
- Current RN license valid in the State of Colorado
- BLS/CPR certification
- Ability to travel to different correctional facilities in Colorado
- Must be able to pass Federal background check
*The application will prompt you to create a username and password, please write this down as you will need it to access the Employee Portal.