Ready to make a difference in someone’s life every day? Are you passionate about caring for an underserved population?
Complete and oversee a variety of professional recreational therapeutic assignments to meet the developmental needs of residents of State mental health, correctional facilities, long-term care facilities, and educational facilities as well as, community based residential programs.
- Develop and establishes recreational programs of a therapeutic nature suited to the physical and mental capabilities of the residents
- Adapts calisthenics, competitive games and other organized recreational activities to residents need and abilities
- Consult with physicians, therapists and other staff members regarding resident treatment to design individualized treatment plans.
- Coordinate therapy programs and other disciplines
- Overviews training classes for affiliating students, student nurses and attendants
- Maintains progress notes and individual records, prepare reports and conducts correspondences.
Participate in the planning, implementation and performance of therapeutically oriented activities and/or training programs patients’/residents’ if various facilities. The work is typically performed under the guidance of a professional therapist, employee’s work may focus on either recreational work or skilled programs.
- Assists in teaching arts/crafts such as: painting, weaving, ceramics or woodworking
- Work with residents, prisoners, students or patients to develop skills needed for independent living such as homemaking or functional academics
- Instructs residents, prisoners, students or patients in areas of self-care such as grooming and personal hygiene
- Provides and instruction in language or perceptual motor development
- Plans and takes residents, students and/or patients on filed and community learning trips
- Plans a variety of games, sporting events, movies and other entertainment activities
- Keeps records of supplies and equipment
- Maintains records of patient growth and development
Oversee and provide music therapeutic treatment to habilitate or rehabilitate patients in State mental health, correctional, or youth residential facilities, veteran’s hospitals to provide rehabilitative services to patients in a community setting. Treatment is administered in groups or on an individual basis.
- Plan and organizes music therapeutic activities in accordance with residents’/patients’ needs, capabilities and interests
- Participates in instrumental and vocal music activities designed to meet residents’/patients’ needs such as solo or group singing, rhythmic music activities or playing in bands
- Observes and evaluates and coordinate residents’/patients’ reactions to various experiences and prepares records documenting therapeutic changes
- Develop a general music education program for residents/patients
- Maintain a music library, and necessary materials, equipment and supplies
- Maintain records of patient growth and development
What can this role offer you?
In this role, you will be providing care to inmates within the MDOC (Michigan Department of Corrections) at the prison facilities throughout Michigan. With Action Staffing you’ll be able to choose the shifts and schedules that work best for you, between several facilities (or all at your favorite!) and enjoy the work-life balance that you prefer.
No previous corrections experience is required!
Michigan license valid for the state of Michigan
Who we are, why Action Staffing?
- Weekly Pay!
- Travel and local assignments are available; 13 week assignments may also be available
- Dedicated staff ready to help you every step of the way
- Competitive pay ensuring that you’re fairly compensated for your valuable skills and dedication
- Flexible schedules available both days and nights
- Benefits including health, dental and vision insurance
About Action Staffing Solutions: Action Staffing Solutions is a family owned, local staffing agency that has a goal to make a difference in someone’s life every day!
Action Staffing Solutions is proud to offer fair and equal employment opportunities for everyone. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to any non-merit factor.
The duties, responsibilities and other details in this job description may be subject to change at any time. The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor of the skills and abilities required.
Ready to join our team?