Fast growing manufacturing company with excellent benefits and room for growth currently looking for a quality inspector.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following education and experience qualifications are the minimum required for the position of quality inspector:
- High School diploma or GED
- Knowledge or experience of factory or industrial settings
- Solid basic math skills
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and follow instructions
- Knowledge of basic measuring tools, their care and applications
Must be willing and able to pass a background and drug screening process.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: The following education and experience qualifications are highly preferred for the position of quality inspector:
- Use of most industry hand-held measuring devices, their care and calibration
- Knowledge of material types and special processes
- Computer literate including Microsoft products
- CMM (coordinate measuring equipment (PCDMIS or similar CAD based software)
- AS9100/ISO9001 & associated aerospace procedures/documents
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD & T) knowledge
- Advanced math skills (trigonometry)
- Using and submitting all forms and reports in complete, accurate and timely basis
- Respecting and maintaining proper filing systems
- Ensuring the work area is clean and presentable to customers and visitors
- Maintaining all external relationships consistent with the objectives, operating philosophy and desired image of the company
- Maintaining confidentiality on all corporate subjects so classified
- $16.00-$20.00/hr DOE
LANGUAGE SKILLS: The quality inspector must achieve the following:
- Ability to read and write work instructions and procedures in English.
- Ability to follow and give written and verbal instructions in English.
- Ability to read and interpret documents
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The description of the physical demands and the work environment characteristics here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform and those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands or fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a plant environment to include moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and explosives. Safety Glasses must be worn at all times. On shop floor Safety Toe (Steel or Kevlar) shoes or boots must be worn at all times. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Action Staffing Solutions is proud to offer fair and equal employment opportunities for everyone. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to any non-merit factor.
The duties, responsibilities and other details in this job description may be subject to change at any time. The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor of the skills and abilities required.