Job Duties: This experienced Quality Engineer will perform the below criteria for each of their assigned customer. In addition, this candidate will assist in continually improving the internal process to achieve best in call processes and design.
Performs one or any combinations of the following tasks:
- Provides quality related technical assistance to other groups within the organization
- Reviews supporting manufacturing documentation to insure that they contain the necessary criteria
- Prepares quality assurance inspection instructions
- Participates in the review and disposition of non-conforming material
- Conducts audits to determine adequacy of inspection and tests being performed
- Conduct supplier surveys and audits to evaluate their quality systems
- Initiates corrective actions as required for procedural, product or process deficiencies
- Recommends the acquisition of needed test or quality related equipment
- Capture and analyze production & supplier quality data
- Conduct internal quality system audits
- Submit PPAP packages to customers
- Perform root cause analysis
- Analyze failure, corrective and preventive action to respond to customer complaints
- Analyze failure, corrective and preventive action of suppliers
- Preparation of QA reports.
- Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen lean methods, etc.
- Develop training to build quality awareness.
- Corrective action tool (5-why, fishbone diagrams & etc.)
- BS degree in engineering or related field
- Strong statistical understanding and analysis
- 4-5 years of experience
- Willing to travel, internationally (10%-15%)
- Familiarity with TS16949 quality systems
- Lean manufacturing
- Six sigma
- Automotive experience
- PPAP submission experience
- Electronic circuit board troubleshooting
Salary Range: $60,000-$75,000/yr DOE
Action Staffing Solutions is proud to offer fair and equal employment opportunities for everyone. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to any non-merit factor.
The duties, responsibilities and other details in this job description may be subject to change at any time. The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor of the skills and abilities required.