Ready to make a difference in someone’s life every day? Are you passionate about caring for an underserved population?
Knowledge of emotional, social, psychological and environmental problems and techniques used for treatment.
- Knowledge of techniques for observing and assessing behavior
- Psychotherapy techniques
- Principles and practices of applied behavior analyses
- Counseling techniques
- Abnormal psychology
- Principles and practices of clinical psychology
- Principles of group behavior and interaction
- Experimental/research techniques
- Conduct evaluation and therapeutic interview techniques
- Types and use of standardized psychological tests including those applicable in testing the physically handicapped, socially or emotionally maladjusted
- Statistical techniques used in testing and research
- Ability to effectively interact/establish a rapport with clients, and to develop therapeutic relationship
- Use intervention methods to bring about positive behavioral changes in clients
- Facilitate positive group interaction and mutual support
- Prepare clear and concise case studies
- Administer and core tests, conduct surveys and interviews and experimental procedures
- Maintain records and prepare reports and other communications
- Assigns work to others – positions are in the following facilities: Correctional, mental health or social service agency
- Employees may work in adversarial situations
- Employees may be exposed to/have direct contact with prisoners
What can this role offer you?
In this role, you will be providing care to inmates within the MDOC (Michigan Department of Corrections) at the prison facilities throughout Michigan. With Action Staffing you’ll be able to choose the shifts and schedules that work best for you, between several facilities (or all at your favorite!) and enjoy the work-life balance that you prefer.
No previous corrections experience is required!
Michigan license valid for the state of Michigan
Who we are, why Action Staffing?
- Weekly Pay!
- Travel and local assignments are available; 13 week assignments may also be available
- Dedicated staff ready to help you every step of the way
- Competitive pay ensuring that you’re fairly compensated for your valuable skills and dedication
- Flexible schedules available both days and nights
- Benefits including health, dental and vision insurance
About Action Staffing Solutions: Action Staffing Solutions is a family owned, local staffing agency that has a goal to make a difference in someone’s life every day!
Action Staffing Solutions is proud to offer fair and equal employment opportunities for everyone. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to any non-merit factor.
The duties, responsibilities and other details in this job description may be subject to change at any time. The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor of the skills and abilities required.
Ready to join our team?