Fast growing manufacturing company with excellent benefits and room for growth currently looking for a production scheduler.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following education and experience qualifications are the minimum required for the position of production scheduler:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft products, and 10-key data entry
- Proven people skills required, must have ability to work well with others while effectively handling internal pressures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational and problem solving skills
Must be willing and able to pass a background and drug screening process.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: The following education and experience qualifications are highly preferred for the position of production scheduler:
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in business management, accounting or related field
- Previous experience with MRP/ERP software
- Previous experience in program planning/scheduling
- Adhering to the codes of the company’s quality management system
- Maintaining open communications and a professional working relationship with all employees
- Processing all related data in the ERP software system to ensure timely, accurate reporting of manufacturing related activities. This is to include machine scheduling, plant capacities, deburr/bench department, assembly department, outside vendor activities, and shipping/receiving.
- Schedule the production process and production departments by material, employee, and equipment availability.
- Review production specifications and identify and report potential plant capacity constraints.
- Develop weekly production status reports for Production Control Manager.
- Generate production reports to Management Team for critical decision making purposes.
- Submitting all such reports and forms in an accurate, complete, and timely basis. This includes developing and maintaining proper filing systems.
- Monitor workflow and schedules to ensure on-time delivery.
- Assist in forming action plans to maintain visibility on the manufacturing floor to promote success among workers.
- Identify and implement opportunities for process improvement and increased efficiency.
- Maintaining confidentiality on all corporate subjects so classified.
- Salary DOE with advancement opportunities
LANGUAGE SKILLS: The production scheduler must achieve the following:
- Ability to read and write work instructions and procedures in English.
- Ability to follow and give written and verbal instructions in English.
- Ability to read and interpret documents
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The description of the physical demands and the work environment characteristics here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform and those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands or fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a plant environment to include moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and explosives. Safety Glasses must be worn at all times. On shop floor Safety Toe (Steel or Kevlar) shoes or boots must be worn at all times. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Action Staffing Solutions is proud to offer fair and equal employment opportunities for everyone. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to any non-merit factor.
The duties, responsibilities and other details in this job description may be subject to change at any time. The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor of the skills and abilities required.