We are seeking healthcare professionals to service local correctional facilities throughout the State of Colorado. Our healthcare professionals will be responsible for providing comprehensive on-site healthcare to all offenders housed in these facilities that is comparable to community standards. These are temporary and/or intermittent short term positions lasting up to 6 months, often involving travel. For distances greater than 50 miles round trip but less than 400, mileage will be paid at a rate of 53.5 cents per mile.
Compensation: $85 – 89 per hour
Physician Assistant Responsibilities:
- Contribute to physician’s effectiveness in providing healthcare to inmate population
- Assist the Physician in diagnosing, treating, and caring for incarcerated patients
- Conduct physical examinations and identify short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed
- Determine abnormal conditions by administering or ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests
- Perform therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections.
- Prescribe and administer medications
- Assist in surgeries
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans
Physician Assistant Requirements:
- Current Physician’s Assistant (PA) license valid in the state of Colorado
- BLS/CPR certification
- Current DEA license and prescriptive authority
- Must be able to pass Federal background check
- Able to travel to different locations in the Colorado area
*The application will prompt you to create a username and password, please write this down as you will need it to access the Employee Portal.