We are seeking healthcare professionals to service local correctional facilities throughout the State of Colorado. Our healthcare professionals will be responsible for providing comprehensive on-site healthcare to all offenders housed in these facilities that is comparable to community standards. These are temporary and/or intermittent short term positions lasting up to 6 months, often involving local travel. For distances greater than 50 miles round trip but less than 400, mileage will be paid at a rate of 53.5 cents per mile.
Compensation: $250-300 per hour
This is a 10-99 independent contractor position.
Family/Internist Physician Responsibilities:
- Provide on call coverage and medical care to the inmate population
- Conduct routine check-ups of incarcerated patients to assess their health condition and discover possible issues
- Conduct examinations of ill patients and evaluate symptoms/perform diagnostic tests to determine their condition
- Prescribe and interpret lab tests to obtain more information for underlying infections or abnormalities
- Diagnose and formulate treatment plans for ill patients, collaborating with other physicians and healthcare staff to form a high performing medical team
- Prescribe medications or drugs and provide comprehensive instructions for administration
- Oversee the care and treatment performed by PA’s and other healthcare staff
Family/Internist Physician Requirements:
- Fully licensed to practice medicine in the state of Colorado
- Current DEA license and prescriptive authority
- 2+ years experience
- BLS/CPR certification
- Board certified or board eligible
- Must maintain required insurance
- Must be able to pass Federal background check
- Able to travel to different locations in the Colorado area
*The application will prompt you to create a username and password, please write this down as you will need it to access the Employee Portal.