Ready to make a difference in someone’s life every day? Are you passionate about caring for an underserved population?
Function as a mid-level health care practitioner, administering and overseeing a variety of assignments related to the provisions of primary and inpatient health care services for patients of State facilities. Employees provide health care services as independently licensed professionals working within their legally defined scope of practices.
- Accepts referrals of patients from nursing staff, other health care professionals, custodial and administrative staff.
- Initiates an appropriate assessment of patient’s health status, ranging from focused to comprehensive, depending upon the settings (e.g. emergency, structured screening, scheduled visit.)
- Obtains patients’ health history from interviews of patients and others, and from review of pertinent health records
- Perform physical examinations
- Orders pertinent diagnostic tests and procedures
- Performs diagnostic tests and procedures and therapeutic procedures, within the scope of practice, including: venipuncture, intradermal tests, intermuscular and subcutaneous injections, electro-cardiogram, control of external hemorrhage; application of dressings and bandages, administration of medications, intravenous fluids, removal of superficial foreign bodies, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, auditory screening, visual screening and aseptic/isolation techniques
- Perform medical procedures including incisions and drainage, wound care, debridement, and suturing of lacerations, and application and removal of casts and traction devices
- Collection of specimens for and carries out commonly performed: blood, urine, stool analysis and cultures.
- Interoperates health information and establishes diagnosis with the accumulated data
- Orders necessary medication and other therapeutic equipment/supplies within the scope of practice
- Evaluates and informs patients regarding the nature of illness and progress of evaluation of treatment
- Educate patients regarding health promotion and disease prevention
- Maintain records and reports, and enter information into health records
What can this role offer you?
In this role, you will be providing care to inmates within the MDOC (Michigan Department of Corrections) at the prison facilities throughout Michigan. With Action Staffing you’ll be able to choose the shifts and schedules that work best for you, between several facilities (or all at your favorite!) and enjoy the work-life balance that you prefer.
No previous corrections experience is required!
Michigan license valid for the state of Michigan
Who we are, why Action Staffing?
- Weekly Pay!
- Travel and local assignments are available; 13 week assignments may also be available
- Dedicated staff ready to help you every step of the way
- Competitive pay ensuring that you’re fairly compensated for your valuable skills and dedication
- Flexible schedules available both days and nights
- Benefits including health, dental and vision insurance
About Action Staffing Solutions: Action Staffing Solutions is a family owned, local staffing agency that has a goal to make a difference in someone’s life every day!
Action Staffing Solutions is proud to offer fair and equal employment opportunities for everyone. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to any non-merit factor.
The duties, responsibilities and other details in this job description may be subject to change at any time. The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor of the skills and abilities required.
Ready to join our team?