Ready to make a difference in someone’s life every day? Are you passionate about caring for an underserved population?
Employees work under the direction of a Licensed physician or Registered Nurse Manager to collect blood specimens from patients and prisoners in State facilities or clients for the State’s healthcare programs. While adhering to established protocols to ensure proper sample collection and patient safety.
- Obtain a variety of specimens, primary blood, additional samples may also include urine and various cultures based on a valid physician’s order, standing order, acceptable protocol
- Services will be provided to patients/prisoners/clients within inpatient, outpatient or offsite State health program areas.
- Collected blood samples from patients/prisoners/clients through the performance of venipuncture and capillary puncture techniques.
- Documented in the electronic health record
- Log samples and related information and has responsibility for containers and specimens including proper labeling, packaging and arranging for pick-up or delivery
- Maintain appropriate schedule, logs patient information, collects data, and preforms related clerical tasks.
What can this role offer you?
In this role, you will be providing care to inmates within the MDOC (Michigan Department of Corrections) at the prison facilities throughout Michigan. With Action Staffing you’ll be able to choose the shifts and schedules that work best for you, between several facilities (or all at your favorite!) and enjoy the work-life balance that you prefer.
No previous corrections experience is required!
Michigan license valid for the state of Michigan
Who we are, why Action Staffing?
- Weekly Pay!
- Travel and local assignments are available; 13 week assignments may also be available
- Dedicated staff ready to help you every step of the way
- Competitive pay ensuring that you’re fairly compensated for your valuable skills and dedication
- Flexible schedules available both days and nights
- Benefits including health, dental and vision insurance
About Action Staffing Solutions: Action Staffing Solutions is a family owned, local staffing agency that has a goal to make a difference in someone’s life every day!
Action Staffing Solutions is proud to offer fair and equal employment opportunities for everyone. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to any non-merit factor.
The duties, responsibilities and other details in this job description may be subject to change at any time. The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor of the skills and abilities required.
Ready to join our team?