We are seeking healthcare professionals to service local correctional facilities throughout the State of Colorado. Our healthcare professionals will be responsible for providing comprehensive on-site healthcare to all offenders housed in these facilities that is comparable to community standards. These are temporary and/or intermittent short term positions lasting up to 6 months, often involving local travel. For distances greater than 50 miles round trip but less than 400, mileage will be paid at a rate of 53.5 cents per mile.
Compensation: $25 – 29 per hour
Pharmacy Technician Responsibilities:
- Perform all duties related to the preparing and dispensing of medication orders in the correctional facility
- Reads prescriptions and determines the name of the drug, strength, and dosage of drugs to be dispensed
- Correlates instructions on the prescription with pharmacy policy limitations and notes such on the prescription
- Sets up prescriptions by obtaining the correct drug stock and counting the correct amount of medication; after prescription has been filled, all contents and the label are set aside for a final check by the pharmacist
- Check for shortages, breakage, deterioration and expiration of medications, and report discrepancies to pharmacist
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Pharmacy Technician Requirements:
- Current Pharmacy Technician license valid in the state of Colorado
- Must be able to pass Federal background check
- Able to travel to different locations in the Colorado area
*The application will prompt you to create a username and password, please write this down as you will need it to access the Employee Portal.