Ready to make a difference in someone’s life every day? Are you passionate about caring for an underserved population?
Complete and oversee a variety of professional assessments to review, evaluate, authorize and monitor services provided and received under workers’ compensation claims. Employees implement and apply medical cost containment procedures and guidelines to provide medical care and practices.
- Review all medical/surgical billings for reasonable and necessary charges. Examine coding of operative reports, procedures, and multiple and complicated surgeries
- Recommend appropriate payments of dispute of billing as necessary
- Provide second review and authorization of questionable payments
- Evaluate claim referred for medical management investigation or documentation as necessary
- Interoperate Workers’ Disability Compensation Act to individual claimant and confers with legal staff where appropriate establish agency position
- Respond to questions telephone calls, and letters regarding the company’s cost containment program, review
- Assist and advise claims examiners on the monitoring of claimants’ medical treatment
Medical Records Clerk for MDOC: Responsible for scheduling of off-site appointments for prisoners, completes offsite medical details and coordinates transportation for those appointments. Assists with maintenance of medical records and other clerical duties as assigned by the supervisor. Performing and overseeing a variety of general office support assignments where the processing of documents and recording, retrieving, and distribution of data or information are an essential and/or substantial part of the work. Completed schedules for Optometry and serves as a backup scheduler for nursing and the medical providers.
What can this role offer you?
In this role, you will be providing care to inmates within the MDOC (Michigan Department of Corrections) at the prison facilities throughout Michigan. With Action Staffing you’ll be able to choose the shifts and schedules that work best for you, between several facilities (or all at your favorite!) and enjoy the work-life balance that you prefer.
No previous corrections experience is required!
Michigan license valid for the state of Michigan
Who we are, why Action Staffing?
- Weekly Pay!
- Travel and local assignments are available; 13 week assignments may also be available
- Dedicated staff ready to help you every step of the way
- Competitive pay ensuring that you’re fairly compensated for your valuable skills and dedication
- Flexible schedules available both days and nights
- Benefits including health, dental and vision insurance
About Action Staffing Solutions: Action Staffing Solutions is a family owned, local staffing agency that has a goal to make a difference in someone’s life every day!
Action Staffing Solutions is proud to offer fair and equal employment opportunities for everyone. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to any non-merit factor.
The duties, responsibilities and other details in this job description may be subject to change at any time. The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor of the skills and abilities required.
Ready to join our team?