Fast growing manufacturing company with excellent benefits and room for growth currently looking for an applicant with excellent organizational and communication ability for a manufacturing expediter position in Fort Collins, CO.
- Adhering to the codes of the company’s Quality Management System.
- Monitor, document and communicate status of production schedule.
- Review documents, such as production schedules, work orders, or staffing tables, to determine material requirements and material priorities.
- Maintaining open communications and a professional working relationship with all employees.
- Processing all related data in the ERP software system to ensure timely, accurate reporting of manufacturing related activities.
- Distribute production schedules to all work centers and/or department heads.
- Ensure delivery of raw materials to all work centers.
- Perform movement of materials between work centers.
- Read work orders to determine material requirements.
- Confer with department supervisors or other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
- Examine documents to verify adherence to internal requirements.
- Compile information, such as production rates and progress, materials inventories, materials used, or customer information, so that status reports can be completed.
- Provide documentation and information to account for delays, difficulties, or changes to cost estimates.
- Identify, document and implement opportunities for process improvement and increased efficiency.
- Maintain confidentiality on all corporate subjects so classified.
- High proficiency with Windows 7, PC, Microsoft Office
- Proven excellent people skills required, must be able to work well with others and effectively handle internal pressures
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Reliable and a good work ethic
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in business management or related field
- Experience with MRP/ERP software
- Experience in program planning/scheduling
- Experience writing SOP’s and/or work instructions
Must be willing and able to pass a background and drug screening process.
- Ability to read, write and follow work instructions and procedures in English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The description of the physical demands and the work environment characteristics here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform and those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands or fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
This job operates in a professional office environment, but occasionally requires time spent on the manufacturing floor and other areas of the facility as needed. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is may be exposed to a plant environment to include moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and explosives. Safety Glasses must be worn at all times while present on the manufacturing floor. Safety Toe (Steel or Kevlar) shoes or boots must be worn at all times while present o the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Action Staffing Solutions is proud to offer fair and equal employment opportunities for everyone. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to any non-merit factor.
The duties, responsibilities and other details in this job description may be subject to change at any time. The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor of the skills and abilities required.