Action Staffing Solutions is a family owned agency committed to supporting you through the journey of your healthcare career. Whether you’re just starting out and looking for your first opportunity, or a seasoned professional looking for your next venture we’re here for you.
We are seeking LPNs for clinics, acute care and correctional facilities in the northern Colorado areas. With Action Staffing you’ll be able to choose the shifts you’re available for, between several facilities that we work with in the area. You will be able to enjoy the work-life balance you prefer, while experiencing different environments and patient care settings.
Licensed practical nurses (LPN’s) fill important roles in modern healthcare practices. Their primary job duty is to provide routine care, observe patients’ health, assist doctors and registered nurses, and communicate instructions to patients regarding medication, home-based care, and preventative lifestyle changes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: may include, but are not limited to the following. Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
- Admitting new residents
- Assisting physicians during rounds of residents’ rooms
- Assigning and delegating duties to non-licensed nursing staff
- Monitoring resident care and supervising other nursing staff
- Performing ongoing assessments of residents’ physical and mental health
- Explaining procedures and treatment protocols to residents
- Planning and managing patient care according to each patient’s needs
- Interviewing patients and recording their medical history
- Obtaining patient vital signs and escorting patients to their rooms
- Administering injections of medications
- Verifying that patient charts are updated promptly and accurately
- Observing and recording patients’ conditions and reactions to medications and treatments
LPN Minimum Qualifications:
- Graduate of a state approved nursing program and passed a state approved competency examination. LPN license issued by the Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA) required prior to hire
- Certified as required or recognized in the State of Colorado
- BLS/CPR certification is required
- Language: Ability to read, write and communicate in the English language required, bilingual is preferred
Experience: Twelve months experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience in a patient care setting.
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED), Degree in Nursing. Skills testing prior to hire and annually is required.
- Current valid Colorado Approved License
- BLS/CPR certification
- Immunization Records – Hep B, TB test/chest x-ray, influenza for the current season
- Resume with References
Must be able and willing to pass a drug screen and background check
- Communication requiring face-to-face interactions; letter writing including reporting and memos; appropriate use of electronic and telephone communication devices. Conflict situations require appropriate handling of and diffusion of unpleasant, angry or discourteous people and situations
- Body positioning/body mechanics including walking, running; hand dexterity including control, lifting and tool usage; standing, bending, twisting and sitting
- The pace of facilities includes meeting strict guidelines with time management skills and an appropriate sense of urgency
- Job hazards include exposure to infections, diseases and hazardous chemicals or materials
- Required to take responsibility for the health and safety of others including responsibility for outcomes and results
- Work attire requires wearing scrubs appropriate to the facility requirements and common protective or safety equipment as appropriate
- Work setting tasks are performed in close physical proximity to others primarily within an indoor, environmentally controlled condition
- Work schedules vary depending upon facility needs/requests and are assigned through Action Staffing Solutions by the assigned facility. Shift hours may be day, evening or nights, including (but not limited to) 8, 10 or 12 hour shifts. May include weekends and overtime.
Why Action Staffing?
- Dedicated recruiters ready to help you every step of the way
- Competitive pay ensuring that you’re fairly compensated for your valuable skills and dedication
- Local and travel opportunities
- Flexible schedules available
- Benefits including health, dental and vision insurance
About Action Staffing Solutions: Action Staffing Solutions is a local staffing agency that has a goal to make a difference in someone’s life every day! The company continues to grow year after year achieving the Inc. 5000 list. We strive for excellence and constant care for our clients, associates, and internal employees. Human Capital is the most crucial investment of any organization. We partner with our clients to provide the right personnel with a great way to enhance your career.
Action Staffing Solutions is proud to offer fair and equal employment opportunities for everyone. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to any non-merit factor.
The duties, responsibilities and other details in this job description may be subject to change at any time. The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor of the skills and abilities required.
Ready to join our team?