Ready to make a difference in someone’s life every day? Are you passionate about caring for an underserved population?
Provide skilled nursing services to patients in State mental health facilities (psychiatric hospitals or centers for the developmentally disabled), public health facilities (veterans’ hospitals), under the direction of a professional registered nurse or medical doctor and provide a variety of related services to maintain a sage, therapeutic environment.
- In accordance with Section 161 of Michigan Public Health Code, the practical nurse – licensed performs nursing acts, functions or performs tasks under the delegation/supervision of the registered nurse
- Administers nursing procedures to patients in accordance with patients nursing care plans, such as sterile dressing, soaks, compresses, enemas, suppositories, tube feeding, oxygen therapy, range of motion therapy, catheterization, diabetic care, pre and post-operative care etc.
- Set up prescribed medications in accordance with patients’ nursing care plans
- Administers medications to patients orally, intra-muscularly or subcutaneously
- Monitors effects of medications, records medications given to patients’ reactions
- Assists in rehabilitation programming and activities for residents, such as:
- License Development of social skills
- Development of daily living skills
- Reality orientation
- Recreational skills, etc.
- Records treatment given to patients – takes/records and monitors patients’ health
- Transport/accompany patients to appointments on and off facility grounds.
What can this role offer you?
In this role, you will be providing care to inmates within the MDOC (Michigan Department of Corrections) at the prison facilities throughout Michigan. With Action Staffing you’ll be able to choose the shifts and schedules that work best for you, between several facilities (or all at your favorite!) and enjoy the work-life balance that you prefer.
No previous corrections experience is required!
Michigan license valid for the state of Michigan
Who we are, why Action Staffing?
- Weekly Pay!
- Travel and local assignments are available; 13 week assignments may also be available
- Dedicated staff ready to help you every step of the way
- Competitive pay ensuring that you’re fairly compensated for your valuable skills and dedication
- Flexible schedules available both days and nights
- Benefits including health, dental and vision insurance
About Action Staffing Solutions: Action Staffing Solutions is a family owned, local staffing agency that has a goal to make a difference in someone’s life every day!
Action Staffing Solutions is proud to offer fair and equal employment opportunities for everyone. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to any non-merit factor.
The duties, responsibilities and other details in this job description may be subject to change at any time. The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor of the skills and abilities required.
Ready to join our team?