Action Staffing Solutions is in search of a legal assistant or paralegal for a local law firm. We are looking for someone with an outstanding ability to research and compile information while projecting a professional and friendly demeanor.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following education and experience qualifications are the minimum required for the position
• High school diploma or GED required, associates or bachelors is highly preferred
• 3+ year’s prior experience in a legal assistant or paralegal position required
• Must be willing and able to pass a background check and drug screen
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: The following education and experience qualifications are highly preferred for the position
• Associates or bachelor’s degree in paralegal studies or related field
• Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office products, 10 key and typing speed preferred ~55-80 wpm
• Time management skills and a task oriented personality
• Ability to think quickly and make independent decisions
• Excellent communication skills and ability to compile research
• Outstanding ethical conduct
• Ability to present a professional, friendly demeanor
Essential Responsibilities: The following are the essential functions of this position, others will be assigned on an as-needed basis.
• Investigate and compile the facts of a case
• Conduct research on relevant laws, regulations and legal articles
• Organize and maintain documents in both paper and electronic file formats
• Gather and arrange evidence and documentation for attorney review and case preparation
• Write and compile reports to assist lawyers preparing for trials
• Draft correspondence and legal documents
• Obtain formal statements and affidavits
• Assist lawyers during trials by taking notes, reviewing trial transcripts or handling exhibits
• File exhibits, briefs, appeals and other legal documents with the court or opposing counsel
• Call clients, witnesses, lawyers and others to schedule interviews and meetings
• Ability to read, write and communicate in English
Compensation & Position Type
• Compensation is DOE $35-$70/hr
• This is a direct hire position
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The description of the physical demands and the work environment characteristics here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform and those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands or fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee may lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds or more.
Action Staffing Solutions is proud to offer fair and equal employment opportunities for everyone. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to any non-merit factor.
The duties, responsibilities and other details in this job description may be subject to change at any time. The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor of the skills and abilities required.