Action Staffing Solutions is a family owned agency committed to supporting you through the journey of your healthcare career. Whether you’re just starting out and looking for your first opportunity, or a seasoned professional looking for your next venture we’re here for you.
We are seeking CNAs for long-term care, memory care and acute care facilities in the Denver area. With Action Staffing you’ll be able to choose the shifts you’re available for, between several facilities that we work with in the area. You will be able to enjoy the work-life balance you prefer, while experiencing different environments and patient care settings.
A nursing assistant provides assistance to residents and patients with their daily activities (ADLs) such as bathing, dressing and eating. CNAs are an important information resource for nurses and doctors, recording and communicating changes and issues to medical staff in order to improve patient care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: may include, but are not limited to the following. Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
- Patient care, comfort and communication; Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of residents/patients
- Assist patients/residents with activities of daily life (ADLs) including but not limited to bathing, dressing, assisting with meals.
- Reposition or turn bedridden/immobile patients
- Clean and sanitize patient areas including bed pans and bed sheets, restocking rooms with necessary supplies
- Takes vital signs to detect deviations from normal, reporting patient condition to appropriate personnel
- Observation of patient status, signs and symptoms and recording/documenting of patient status
- Patient treatment according to the plan of and under the supervision of medical staff
- In some facilities, CNAs may assist in transporting patients to different treatment units and assist in setting up equipment
- Maintain a professional demeanor with residents, patients, staff and visitors
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA and facility regulations
- Reporting of all incidents/accidents or potential hazards in accordance with established risk management policies
CNA Minimum Qualifications:
- Certified as required or recognized in the State of Colorado
- BLS/CPR certification is required
- Language: Ability to read, write and communicate in the English language required, bilingual is preferred
Experience: Twelve months experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience in patient care setting preferred.
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Skills testing prior to hire and annually is required.
- Current valid Colorado approved certification
- BLS/CPR certification
- Immunization Records – Hep B, TB test/chest x-ray, influenza for the current season
- Resume with References
Must be able and willing to pass a drug screen and background check
- Communication requiring face-to-face interactions; letter writing including reporting and memos; appropriate use of electronic and telephone communication devices. Conflict situations require appropriate handling of and diffusion of unpleasant, angry or discourteous people and situations
- Body positioning/body mechanics including walking, running; hand dexterity including control, lifting and tool usage; standing, bending, twisting and sitting
- The pace of facilities includes meeting strict guidelines with time management skills and an appropriate sense of urgency
- Job hazards include exposure to infections, diseases and hazardous chemicals or materials
- Required to take responsibility for the health and safety of others including responsibility for outcomes and results
- Work attire requires wearing scrubs appropriate to the facility requirements and common protective or safety equipment as appropriate
- Work setting tasks are performed in close physical proximity to others primarily within an indoor, environmentally controlled condition
- Work schedules vary depending upon facility needs/requests and are assigned through Action Staffing Solutions by the assigned facility. Shift hours may be day, evening or nights, including (but not limited to) 8, 10 or 12 hour shifts. May include weekends and overtime.
Why Action Staffing?
- Dedicated recruiters ready to help you every step of the way
- Competitive pay ensuring that you’re fairly compensated for your valuable skills and dedication
- Local and travel opportunities
- Flexible schedules available
- Benefits including health, dental and vision insurance
About Action Staffing Solutions: Action Staffing Solutions is a local staffing agency that has a goal to make a difference in someone’s life every day! The company continues to grow year after year achieving the Inc. 5000 list. We strive for excellence and constant care for our clients, associates, and internal employees. Human Capital is the most crucial investment of any organization. We partner with our clients to provide the right personnel with a great way to enhance your career.
Action Staffing Solutions is proud to offer fair and equal employment opportunities for everyone. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to any non-merit factor.
The duties, responsibilities and other details in this job description may be subject to change at any time. The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor of the skills and abilities required.
Ready to join our team?