Ready to showcase your passion and make a difference in someone’s life every day?
Who you are:
Caring for others isn’t your job, it’s your passion. You are dedicated to providing the highest quality services to those who depend upon you. You are the special kind of professional that patients and co-workers come to depend on, and exactly who Action Staffing Solutions is looking for. We are seeking direct support professionals in Maine, New Jersey and more.
What can this role offer you?
As a direct support professional you will provide assistance to individuals such as living skills development, health maintenance, personal care and behavioral development. You’ll assist with traditional daily and weekly activities such as grocery shopping, entertainment and other activities. With Action Staffing you’ll be able to choose the shifts and schedules that work best for you, between several facilities (or all at your favorite!) and enjoy the work-life balance that you prefer.
- Provides training, assistance and/or supervision to individuals in the areas of daily living, personal care, financial management, community and social integration
- Establishes a therapeutic relationship with the individual receiving services to ensure effective guidance and support.
- May coordinate, organize and/or assist with household activities such as housekeeping and meal preparation.
- Provides transportation for individuals to planned and/or necessary activities and appointments including operating vans and/or mini vans as required
- Maintains current progress and service notes
- Provides direct supervisor with verbal feedback and data relevant to the individuals service plan
- May meet with employers, as required, to develop potential work opportunities for those receiving services
- Provides emergency coverage and/or care for individuals receiving services.
- Maintains confidentiality and respects human rights
- Reports incidents of maltreatment, medical and behavioral concerns in accordance with policies
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with local contacts, other professionals and staff members
- Must be 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED
- 6 months experience in human services preferred
- This job requires performance of duties that involve potential for exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues.
- Ability to perform medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 30 pounds of force frequently and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing. Car registration and vehicle insurance if providing transportation for individuals receiving services
- All state training and certification completed in mandated timeframes
- Travel is required as needed
Who we are, why Action Staffing?
- Weekly Pay!
- Dedicated staff ready to help you every step of the way
- Competitive pay ensuring that you’re fairly compensated for your valuable skills and dedication
- Flexible schedules available
- Benefits including health, dental and vision insurance
About Action Staffing Solutions: Action Staffing Solutions is a family owned, local staffing agency that has a goal to make a difference in someone’s life every day!
Action Staffing Solutions is proud to offer fair and equal employment opportunities for everyone. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to any non-merit factor.
The duties, responsibilities and other details in this job description may be subject to change at any time. The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor of the skills and abilities required.
Ready to join our team?