We are seeking healthcare professionals to service local correctional facilities throughout the State of Colorado. Our healthcare professionals will be responsible for providing comprehensive on-site healthcare to all offenders housed in these facilities that is comparable to community standards. These are temporary and/or intermittent short term positions lasting up to 6 months, often involving local travel. For distances greater than 50 miles round trip, mileage will be paid at a rate of 53.5 cents per mile.
Compensation: $61 – 65 per hour
Dental Hygienist Responsibilities:
- Provide dental hygiene care to inmate population to aid in the maintenance and/or improvement of oral health
- Examine teeth and surrounding tissues for evidence of disease and plaque accumulation, and record findings
- Performs complete oral prophylaxis using ultrasonic and hand instruments for the purpose of subgingival scaling, root planning, polishing teeth and applying fluoride
- Maintain patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations, cleaning and polishing removable appliances; placing, carving, and finishing amalgam restorations; and removing cement from crowns and bridges
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control instructions and postoperative instructions
Dental Hygienist Requirements:
- Dental Hygienist license valid in the state of Colorado
- BLS/CPR certification
- Must be able to pass federal background check
- Able to travel to different locations in the Colorado area
*The application will prompt you to create a username and password, please write this down as you will need it to access the Employee Portal.