We are seeking healthcare professionals to service local correctional facilities throughout the State of Colorado. Our healthcare professionals will be responsible for providing comprehensive on-site healthcare to all offenders housed in these facilities that is comparable to community standards. These are temporary and/or intermittent short term positions lasting up to 6 months, often involving local travel. For distances greater than 50 miles round trip, mileage will be paid at a rate of 53.5 cents per mile.
Compensation: $23 – 31 per hour
Dental Assistant Responsibilities:
- Assist licensed dentist in the delivery of dental care to the inmate population
- Inventory, receive, check, and stock supplies and equipment
- Clean and sterilize instruments; keep instruments and equipment in operable condition
- Prepare and arrange instrument trays (some sterile trays) for clinic use
- Explain procedures and provide support to patients
- Pass instruments to the dentist during dental procedures
- Mix impression and filling material
- Operate oral evacuation equipment, retractors, and water and air sprays
- Take routine x-rays and photographs such as bite wings, process and mount film
- May maintain records and recall system, answer phone, type some records or correspondence.
Dental Assistant Requirements:
- Dental Assistant license valid in the state of Colorado
- BLS/CPR certification
- Must be able to pass federal background check
- Able to travel to different locations in the Colorado area
*The application will prompt you to create a username and password, please write this down as you will need it to access the Employee Portal.