Action Staffing Solutions is looking for a bilingual receptionist and file clerk for a local law firm. The receptionist/file clerk performs routine clerical, secretarial and administrative work including (but not limited to) answering telephones, greeting guests, providing customer service, data entry and record-keeping.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following education and experience qualifications are the minimum required for the position
• High school diploma or GED required, associates or bachelors is highly preferred
• 2+ year’s prior experience in an office/reception environment required (in a law firm environment preferred), 5-10 years’ experience highly preferred.
• Must be willing and able to pass a background check and drug screen
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: The following education and experience qualifications are highly preferred for the position
• 5-10 years receptionist or file clerk experience with a legal office highly preferred
• Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office products, 10 key and typing speed preferred ~55-80 wpm
• Time management skills
• Ability to communicate clearly
• Bilingual ability (communicating, reading and writing) required
• Ethical conduct
• Ability to present a professional, friendly demeanor to the public
Essential Responsibilities: The following are the essential functions of this position, others will be assigned on an as-needed basis.
• Develops and maintains office forms, procedures and systems
• Maintains file storage systems
• Assists with administrative tasks
• Answering of telephone system
• Reception and greeting of the public including customers, clients and other community members. Ability to greet and answer questions with a friendly, welcoming demeanor required.
• Transferring calls and guiding guests to the correct department
• Operation of office equipment
• Use of computers including Microsoft Office products
• Composition, duplication and distribution of office materials such as correspondence and reports
• Maintenance of office supply inventory
• Ability to read, write and communicate in English
• Ability to read, write and communicate in Spanish
• DOE $22-$27/hr
• This is a temp-hire position
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The description of the physical demands and the work environment characteristics here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform and those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands or fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee may lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds or more.
Action Staffing Solutions is proud to offer fair and equal employment opportunities for everyone. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to any non-merit factor.
The duties, responsibilities and other details in this job description may be subject to change at any time. The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor of the skills and abilities required.