Role and Responsibilities
The accounting assistant role is to aid the Accountant during their work. Helping them complete daily tasks, or may work indirectly, keying in data and compiling information for the Accountant leaving the final analysis, audit and approval to the Accountant. Relies on administrative skills as accounting knowledge and understanding of financial concepts. Relies on the knowledge of accounting terminology and accounting systems. Follows the direction and judgement of Accountant and other managers.
- Enter and Code Financial transactions appropriately.
- Process payments as well as documents like invoices.
- Reconcile invoices received with departmental billings.
- Prepare Payables as delegated by accountant.
- Review employee expenses and make reimbursements.
- Reconcile bank statements as delegated by accountant.
- Track expenses related to specific projects or jobs.
- Check all financial transactions for accuracy.
- Filing for all departments.
- Manage petty cash.
- Control credit and make sure debtors pay on time.
- Assist in closing work orders, rentals, sales orders.
- Prepare weekly reports as deems by managers.
- Keep inventory on all office supplies.
- Answer phone calls assist employees as needed.