Fast growing manufacturing company with excellent benefits and room for growth is currently looking for experienced CNC machinists. This is not an entry level position, experience is required but the company is willing to train the right candidate.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following education and experience qualifications are the minimum required for the position of CNC machinist:
- Must have proven skills in operating and setup of both 3 & 4 axis CNC Mill
- 2+ years’ experience setting up and operating CNC Machines
- CNC Mill experience using 5 axis positional and full 5-axis contouring is highly preferred.
- Must have ability to set up and cut aluminum, stainless and titanium parts
- Must have ability to independently perform machine set-up using a provided program with setup- sheet & tool-list, set work coordinate offsets, and make tool-offset changes.
- Must have ability to read blueprints (Metric and English),
- Manual machining / Tool & Die experience using Bridgeport style knee-mill, engine lathe, drill presses and surface grinders highly preferred.
- Must have experience independently performing dimensional measurements to meet strict ISO 9000 & AS 9100 quality requirements.
- Must have excellent communication skills and proven track record working in a team-based environment.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and participation in Kaizen or other continuous improvement projects highly preferred.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check
- 2nd shift (Monday thru Thursday 5:00pm – 3:30am)
- Perform mathematical calculations and interpret geometric symbology (GD & T)
- Operating CNC lathe and mill 5 axis machines CNC Machinist Job
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The description of the physical demands and the work environment characteristics here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform and those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands or fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may lift and/or move up 75 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a plant environment to include moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and explosives. Safety Glasses must be worn at all times. On shop floor Safety Toe (Steel or Kevlar) shoes or boots must be worn at all times. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Action Staffing Solutions is proud to offer fair and equal employment opportunities for everyone. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to any non-merit factor.
The duties, responsibilities and other details in this job description may be subject to change at any time. The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor of the skills and abilities required.